Academic Concern Request

Penn State World Campus has experienced staff representatives ready to help you address situations you might encounter on your way to completing your degree or certificate program — though we find that you can resolve most issues simply by communicating directly with your instructor. 

In order for us to assist you in some situations, we may need to contact your course instructor or academic department. We may be better able to address your specific situation if we are able to identify you in our communications with faculty.

If your request pertains to a grade you received, please be aware that grades are under the purview of the course instructor. Review Penn State's grading policy for more information. 

This form is for reporting academic concerns. For reporting student conduct concerns, visit our Conduct page. For reporting health concerns, financial concerns, or concerns about a natural disaster or crime of violence, visit our Care and Concern page

Fill out this Academic Concern form and we will follow up with you. If you have any questions, please call 814-865-0915. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible. 

Please note that this form is not to be used for emergencies. Students can expect attention to their academic concern submission as soon as possible during University business hours. If you have a crisis and you are currently in the United States, please call the Penn State Crisis Line at 1-877-229-6400 or call 911, or use the Crisis Text Line by texting LIONS to 741741. Outside the United States, contact local emergency services in your current location.

Academic Concern Request Form