Several resources are available to help you learn to use technology, access Penn State tools, and purchase and download software.
Penn State IT Learning and Development
Penn State IT Learning and Development offers a variety of technology training resources. Online learning paths, videos, documentation, live training sessions, and links to other resources are all available. Visit the IT Learning and Development website for more information.
Free tutorials and courses for a wide range of technology programs and tools are available at LinkedIn Learning.
Download Penn State IT–supported software, including productivity programs, virus protection, and web browsers at downloads.its.psu.edu.
Penn State WebApps provides access to several applications, in a web browser, for use on personal devices. Visit WebApps for more information.
Software @ Penn State
A variety of software at low prices is available to you at software.psu.edu.
JourneyEd.com offers software at a discount to verified academic buyers. Available software includes programs for digital and web publishing, test preparation, animation/modeling, computer security, and utilities.
You must provide proof of enrollment in order to purchase software from JourneyEd. Your proof of enrollment may be an enrollment verification, a dated student ID card, or a dated, current class schedule.
Follow these steps to find and purchase software through JourneyEd.com:
- Go to JourneyEd and select Pennsylvania as your state (this is a reference to where Penn State is located, not where you may be located).
- Scroll through the list of colleges and universities and select "Penn State University — World Campus."
- Search for the software you wish to purchase. We suggest that you review the agreement forms at JourneyEd.com for any additional criteria that may apply to the purchase of specific software packages.
- Once you locate the software you want to purchase, you can check out. To check out, you will need to create an account at JourneyEd.com. Once you’ve created an account and checked out, JourneyEd.com will put your order on hold until they receive your proof of enrollment.
You can provide your proof of enrollment in several ways:
- Email an attachment to [email protected]. (Attachments must be less than 300KB; anything larger will not be accepted.)
- Fax a copy to 972-481-2150.
- Upload your verification at the JourneyEd.com website after you have placed your order.
- Mail your verification to:
13755 Hutton Drive
Dallas, TX 75234
Once JourneyEd.com receives your verification, they will ship your order. If you have any questions, you can contact JourneyEd.com Customer Support at 800-874-9001.