We take great pride in our graduates — many of us at Penn State World Campus either were or are adult learners, and we understand the tremendous sacrifices you and your families make for you to obtain your degree.
In response to the growing coronavirus pandemic, Penn State will hold its spring 2020 commencement ceremony via livestream on Saturday, May 9. Graduating students will receive additional information. For the latest information about Penn State's response to the coronavirus, go to psu.edu/virusinfo.
Check the academic calendar for future semester commencement dates.
How to Set Your Intent to Graduate
It is your responsibility to notify the University of your intent to graduate (for more information, see policy 86-00). Follow these steps:
- Confirm the activation period on the Academic Calendar for the dates when you can activate your intent to graduate.
- Log in to LionPATH. You can set your intent to graduate within the "My Academics" section in your Student Center. View a tutorial about applying for graduation in LionPATH.
- After the activation period expires, undergraduate students must contact their appropriate college office to activate or remove your intent to graduate. Graduate students need to contact The Graduate School.
- Undergraduate students may need to submit a form if you plan to attend commencement.
- Graduate students who plan to attend commencement at University Park must reserve your seat through The Graduate School.
- Graduate students who plan to attend commencement at another Penn State campus must contact that campus.
Undergraduate Students: Graduating with Distinction
World Campus undergraduate degree students are eligible to graduate with highest distinction, high distinction, and distinction. Your diploma will include any academic distinctions you have earned.
Bachelor’s degree candidates must complete at least 60 credits with Penn State to qualify for a degree distinction, while associate degree candidates must complete at least 30 credits with Penn State.
Each academic college establishes the minimum grade-point average (GPA) required for each distinction level for its respective degree candidates.
For more information, including requirements, visit the Office of the Registrar website.
Receiving Your Diploma
Your diploma will be mailed approximately four weeks after commencement to your permanent address or to the diploma address you have entered in LionPATH. View a tutorial to learn how to check your graduation status and update your diploma address in LionPATH.
For most World Campus undergraduate degrees, you will be invited to participate in commencement ceremonies at the University Park campus. Some degree programs are conferred at a non-University Park campus location. You can also request to attend commencement at an alternate campus. Graduate students are invited to walk together at the Graduate School’s commencement ceremony at University Park.
Commencement for students graduating in spring 2020 has been postponed.
World Campus Graduation Celebration
Each semester we host a Graduation Celebration for Penn State World Campus students, their families, and friends.
Staying Connected After Graduation
There are many ways alumni stay involved and active in Penn State life after graduation—joining the Penn State Alumni Association, joining the Penn State World Campus Alumni Society, giving to Penn State, and becoming an Alumni Ambassador. Be sure to access your profile in the alumni directory and update your contact information, so that you can receive alumni communications.