Penn State World Campus courses are located in Canvas, Penn State’s course management system. Use the following resources to prepare for and make the most of your courses.
Scheduling, Dropping, and Late-Dropping a Course
By scheduling a course, you are reserving your “seat” in an upcoming course. Find out more about how to schedule your courses.
You can drop a course during your course’s regular drop period, with certain restrictions and requirements. It’s also possible to drop after the regular drop period—this is known as "late dropping"—but there are academic and financial implications of late dropping.
If you intend to drop all of your courses during the semester, you will need to complete a withdrawal from the University.
Preparing for Your Courses
Before your classes start, we recommend that you do the following:
- Make sure you have an active Penn State Access Account, user ID, and password (not your Friends of Penn State account).
- Make sure your computer meets our technical requirements.
- Understand the financial considerations and deadlines for dropping a course.
- Purchase the required course materials.
- Check your Penn State email through WebMail. It is important to check regularly, as all essential course communications will be sent through that account. You can also forward your Penn State email to your personal email account.
- Familiarize yourself with Penn State’s grading system to understand how your coursework will be measured.