Penn State World Campus Student Ambassadors
The Penn State World Campus Student Ambassador program was created to provide current World Campus students with a broad array of activities and service opportunities. Student Ambassadors can help to positively impact the overall student experience and foster a sense of community among all World Campus students.
This opportunity gives you the chance to engage with staff, faculty, and other students. The Student Affairs Office suggests that Ambassadors plan to spend a minimum of one to two hours per month fulfilling this role. Ambassadors can select the service opportunities for which they wish to volunteer.
Some ways Student Ambassadors may become involved include:
- attending regional and/or virtual events for prospective and current World Campus students and alumni
- assisting with website usability testing to help inform changes in course design
- participating in the World Campus virtual book club program for new students
- informing other World Campus students about programs, services, and resources available to them
The Student Affairs Office provides Ambassadors with opportunities for personal growth and development, including:
- gaining knowledge and understanding of leadership in a virtual environment
- advancing awareness of diversity around identities, cultures, and society
- working with peers and University administrators
Becoming a World Campus Student Ambassador
The World Campus Student Affairs Office accepts applications for the Ambassador program on a rolling basis. Orientations for new ambassadors are held in January, April, July, and October. To begin your Student Ambassador application, complete this form.