Student ID Card
Penn State World Campus students are eligible to receive Penn State student identification cards, which can be used wherever student discounts are offered — bookstores, conferences, movie theaters, performing arts centers, etc. You must submit a request to receive your id+ card, and you can upload your own photo.
Obtaining Your Penn State id+ Card
There are two ways for Penn State World Campus students to obtain a Penn State id+ card: submitting your request online or visiting an id+ office in person.
Submit your request online
You can request your id+ card online, and you will have the option to upload your own photo. The photo must meet the photo requirements listed on this page to be approved, and it may take up to 2 business days for your id+ card to be printed.
Note that at this time, not all campuses are able to produce id+ cards due to COVID-19 protocols. If you would like to order your card online and pick it up at a campus location or visit a campus location to have your photo taken and your card printed, you should first contact the campus location to ensure that the location is producing id+ cards and for hours of operation.
- You can have your id+ card mailed to your permanent home address. Review and update this information via the Account Management portal at accounts.psu.edu. Please allow 2–3 weeks for delivery.
- You can pick up your id+ card at the nearest campus location. You will need to email the id+ card office with the campus location, and you will receive an email from the campus id+ card office when your id+ card is ready for pick-up. Please allow a minimum of 2 business days to receive pick-up notifications.
Visit an id+ office of your choice to obtain your id+ card the same day
If you are near an id+ office or plan to visit, you can have your photo taken and your id+ card printed at the time of your visit.
You will need to bring a valid form of photo identification: State Driver's License, Passport, U.S. Military ID, State-Issued Photo ID, Government-Issued Photo ID, or Permanent Resident Card.
id+ Card Photos
Penn State id+ cards typically include a student's photo (similar to a driver's license). Prior to spring 2021, Penn State World Campus student IDs did not include student photos. However, now Penn State World Campus students can upload a photo for their id+ card. A photo is not required for Penn State World Campus students, and Penn State id+ cards can be used for student discounts whether or not there is a photo on the card. Photos must meet our id+ card photo requirements.
id+ Card Photo Requirements
Your photo must be:
- Cropped to show you from slightly above your head to the middle of your chest
- Taken against a plain, light background
- In color, without filters
- Without sunglasses or a hat
- Taken in full-face view, directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- With no other person visible in the frame
Lost or Damaged id+ Cards
Lost, stolen, or damaged cards may be replaced for a $15 fee. You can request a replacement card online, and you may choose to keep your existing photo or upload a new photo for your replacement card.
To pay the $15 fee, you will need to deposit $15 into your LionCash account. Your LionCash account is an account tied to your id+ card, which you can use to pay this fee and for purchases from certain merchants. You can deposit money into your LionCash account using a debit or credit card — Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
Once you have submitted the deposit and, if you wish to do so, uploaded your replacement photo online, please email the id+ card office at [email protected] to notify us of your replacement card request.
Contact the id+ Card Office at [email protected] with any questions.