In commemoration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, we invite students to participate in our Days of Service (January 15-24). While the pandemic has made in-person service projects challenging this year, there is a wide array of volunteer opportunities in which you can have an impact while serving from home.
Join the challenge and register your volunteer service hours, and let's see the different ways Penn Staters can make a difference! Complete the form to participate. You can register a service activity from your local community or check out one of the following virtual projects:
- Hunger Free America MLK Serve-a-Thon: Attend a workshop and virtual service project addressing food insecurity on January 18 or 19
- Bookshare: Help people with disabilities access texts by scanning books or editing books that have been scanned
- Color a Smile: Volunteer to color a page to share an uplifting message with someone in need of a smile
- Cards for Hospitalized Kids: Bring cheer to a hospitalized child through a card or greeting
- Operation Gratitude: Create care packages or cards/letters for first responders, active duty and veteran heroes.
- Smithsonian Digital Volunteers: Help make historical documents and biodiversity data more accessible.
- Volunteer Match: Visit this hub to search ongoing and dated virtual volunteer opportunities
You are responsible for registering with Student Affairs, identifying your service opportunity, and logging your service hours.