Lynn Atanasoff

Hometown: 
State College, Pennsylvania
Alma Mater: 
Penn State
Penn Stater since: 
1985
I love being a career counselor because I get to help students figure out who they are and write the next chapter of their career story.

I can't resist laughing at my kids' dry sense of humor.

My four-legged friends are my chihuahua, Milo, and my cat, Juno.

On weekends, I love to work in the garden with my kids.

I love many Penn State traditions, especially the Creamery, guarding the Nittany Lion shrine, and the Nittany Lion roar.

The best thing about being a Penn Stater is the pride!

I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and Distance Credentialed Counselor who joined Penn State World Campus in February 2010 as the first World Campus career counselor, offering career services to World Campus students. Career planning and academic planning are closely connected, and I encourage all World Campus students to schedule a career-counseling appointment as early as their first semester.

Prior to joining Academic Outreach, I served as Acting Assistant Director of Counseling and Planning for Penn State Career Services. I have an extensive background in rehabilitation, having counseled in career, mental health, and drug/alcohol realms. I earned my doctorate in the counselor education PhD program in Penn State's College of Education, where my research centered on counseling in an online environment.

I have dedicated my career to helping others and have been working in human services for more than twenty years. I still remember the first time that I realized that I could actually be paid for doing what I love — helping people.

Register and Make an appointment in Nittany Lion Careers

Contact Information

Office Hours: 
Monday: 8:00 a.m.–1:30 p.m. Tuesday - Friday: 8:00–7:00 p.m.
Phone: 
814-867-3672