All Penn State students are reviewed for University scholarship opportunities in the same way, and each scholarship contains unique requirements and eligibility criteria. You can find a comprehensive list of available scholarships by academic college on the Office of Student Aid website. You can view your awarded scholarships by selecting the Student Aid Summary in eLion. These scholarships will be counted toward your total aid.
Scholarships for World Campus Students
Jane Ireland Student Fund
This fund is supported by World Campus staff members and students, and is awarded only to World Campus undergraduate degree students. World Campus staff members and students understand the unique situation that adult learners face when it comes to meeting tuition costs, and strongly believe in the importance of distance learning. All scholarship monies awarded will be deposited directly into the recipients' Penn State student accounts.
Deadline for Spring/Summer 2015 Award: September 15, 2014
Jane Ireland Student Fund Scholarship recipients must be students who:
- are currently enrolled in a World Campus undergraduate degree program
- have completed a minimum of 24 credits in their World Campus program
- have earned a cumulative 3.2 GPA (or higher)
- have a FAFSA on file with the Office of Student Aid and show financial need
All application materials must be mailed in the same envelope. Incomplete application materials and materials that arrive separately will not be considered.
- Completed and signed Jane Ireland Student Fund application form
- Personal statement (500-word limit)
- Response to one of three essay questions (500-word limit)
- A copy of your FAFSA must be on file with the Office of Student Aid
- One letter of recommendation, signed, and sealed in its own envelope. The letter must be a professional reference on official letterhead (e.g., supervisor, pastor, education counselor, superintendent).
Note: Incomplete application materials will not be considered.
Send your application materials to:
Jane Ireland Student Fund
c/o Shawna Cassick
The Pennsylvania State University
223 Outreach Building
University Park PA 16802
World Campus University Scholarships
We are proud to support first time or returning students, adult learners, half-time or full-time students, military students, and other World Campus students through our University scholarship opportunities. (Employees receiving the educational benefit are not eligible to receive these scholarships.)
- Fischer Family Scholarship for Continuing and Distance Education
- Jeanne M. Curtis Memorial Award in Continuing and Distance Education
- Penn State Outreach Advisory Board Scholarship in the World Campus
- Alexander P. Fletcher Navy Student Award
- Military Annual Award in the World Campus
- Samuel Shaner Memorial Award for Military Students in the World Campus
- Trustee Scholarship Program:
- Tunno Family Trustee Scholarship in the World Campus
- Friends of the Military Trustee Scholarship for the World Campus
- Logue Family Trustee Scholarship in the World Campus
- Penn State Alumni Association Trustee Scholarship for the World Campus
- Joseph Daley Jr. Trustee Scholarship
- Steven and Brenda Schlotterbeck Trustee Matching Scholarship
- Trustee Scholarship Fund for the World Campus
How to Apply for Endowed Scholarships
To be considered for the University scholarships, students must:
- Be degree-seeking
- File the 2014-15 FAFSA
- Complete the online scholarship application.
This scholarship application has closed. The deadline for this application was Friday, February 28, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. ET.
Alpha Sigma Lambda
For specific eligibility requirements and the deadline to apply, please visit the Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarship page.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
There are many ways to find outside scholarship opportunities. Students that receive an outside scholarship need to notify the Office of Student Aid of the award. You can do so by having the awarding agency send a copy of your award letter and the payment to:
Office of Student Aid for World Campus and Continuing Education
240 Outreach Building
University Park, PA 16802
Check for scholarship opportunities with agencies and organizations in your local area, such as:
- your employer
- chamber of commerce
- private organizations
- professional associations
American Association of University Women
The State College branch of the American Association of University Women seeks applications for an undergraduate scholarship. Please visit their website to learn more about the application process and the deadline to apply.
Destiny Solutions seeks applications for the Mary Cone Barrie Scholarship. Please be sure to check the Destiny Solutions website for information on how to apply and the application deadline.
There are many opportunities to find outside scholarships online. Be mindful when completing applications and submitting your information; the Office of Student Aid does not condone any scholarship that requires payment for the application. The Office of Student Aid recommends the following free scholarship search engines:
If you have questions about scholarship opportunities, we are here to help. Please email email@example.com