New Student Orientation provides information on how to get started here at Penn State World Campus and links to valuable Penn State resources that you will use throughout your college career. Orientation is offered as a webinar and also in an interactive website format.
You can review the website at your convenience, and the hour-long webinars are offered several times each semester.
What You'll Learn in New Student Orientation
On our New Student Orientation website and in our webinar sessions, you'll learn:
- How online learning works and how to enroll in and access courses
- Tips and strategies to help you succeed as an online learner
- The structure of Penn State and important offices you may need to work with
- The requirements of a Penn State degree, including general education courses
- How to use transfer credits and take placement exams
- How your academic adviser can help you plan and reach your goals
- The array of resources available to World Campus students (library services, academic advising, career services, technical and computer support, and more)